Mr. Fields has over 25 years of proven leadership in the accounting, finance and operational fields within domestic and international organizations. The majority of his experience has been in the Telecommunications, Software and Manufacturing industries holding multiple leadership positions which include Business Unit CFO, VP-Financial Operations and CFO for a software company. His experience includes the development and execution of short- and long-term strategic initiatives, debt covenant reporting, creation of monthly and quarterly reporting packages for review by Board of Directors and Financial Institutions and leading the implementation of financial reporting systems.
Roy has extensive experience in financial and operational areas, including:
- Full P&L responsibility for a business-to-consumer (B2C) subscription-based organization with over $200MM in recurring revenue
- Developing and managing a sales compensation program for a $80MM manufacturing business unit, driving behavior to align with Gross Margin growth initiatives.
- Overseeing annual $160MM COGS spend program in the telecommunications industry.
- Re-engineering monthly financial close and forecasting processes to reduce the work days and improved insight into operational KPIs and financial drivers.
- Developing annual budgeting processes to provide consistent reporting views across all functional business units within an organization.
- Implementation of financial reporting and procurement systems.
- Experience with Fortune 500 publicly traded organizations as well as private equity and early stage companies.
- Contract, vendor and real estate contract negotiations.
He earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from SUNY Geneseo and an MBA from the College of Saint Rose in Albany, NY.