Mr. Klopach is a proven finance and accounting professional with 25+ years of experience across accounting and finance functions in multiple industries including manufacturing, distribution, business services, IT, real estate, utilities and Big 4 public accounting. His ability to work cross functionally within a business brings a unique perspective to his clients. Mike’s client focus, mentoring and project management skills are the key factors in allowing him to drive successful client outcomes.
Mike started his career in Public Accounting with Ernst and Whinney (Ernst and Young) and held positions of increasing responsibility first as a District and Regional Controller with Browning-Ferris Industries then as North American Controller with Sema Group, a multinational systems and outsourcing firm.
His professional accomplishments include:
- Interim Controller for $80MM Manufacturing Company. Led clean-up of accounting and system issues, updating reporting and communication with Senior Lender and Bank. Working with Interim CFO developed plans and cost analysis of restructuring the company leading to elimination of lines of business and reduction of staff netting approximately $3MM a year in cost savings.
- Led financial reorganization purchase price accounting process for private equity purchase of $25MM air ambulance service company. Developed GAAP reporting compliance, assisted first year GAAP audit, budgeting and compliance with external loan and banking covenants. Reengaged by equity partner in May 2018 to assist in transition of existing controller and staff to new accounting team.
- Interim Controller/VP Finance $60MM privately held international apparel manufacturer. Directed team in preparation of consolidated financial results, implemented operational and cash forecasting and advised on internal controls around inventory and purchasing processes. Advised and assisted owner and broker in successful sale to third party.
- Managed accounting reorganization and preparation for sale of $30MM Granite Supply Company including FA system implementation and compliance with new lease and revenue accounting standards. Project Manager of HR and Payroll system conversion and implementation. Company was successfully sold for 5X EBITDA.
- Led internal control and business process review of all business cycles for $1B international high-tech manufacturer including preparation of IFRS compliant accounting, control standards and recommendations for process improvement reducing internal audit expense $300K annually.
Mike earned his BS in Accounting from Pennsylvania State University, Smeal College of Business. He holds a CPA certificate in the state of Maryland, is a fellow member of the Georgia Society of CPAs and the Institute of Internal Auditors.