Kathy Meyer has over 20 years of marketing and program management experience. She served as a team lead at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention where she led management operations for all of CDC’s Federal Advisory Committees. She also has experience in product management and development and strategic planning in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech Industry, working for Pfizer (G.D. Searle) and Solvay S.A. Kathy has success managing and implementing high-level, collaborative marketing and strategic projects as well as facilitating cross-functional and team building initiatives.
Kathy has worked predominantly in the following industries:
- Federal Government
- Pharmaceutical & Biotech
Kathy’s professional accomplishments include:
- Formulated and executed tactical and strategic marketing plans for worldwide sales of a $300 MM pharmaceutical product.
- Core member of team which filed for an extension of a new drug application (NDA). Received approval from the FDA for additional two years of market exclusivity, increasing sales by more than $600 MM.
- Served as a health communication and marketing content expert and advisor for all areas of the mental health division of a mid-sized pharmaceutical company and responsible for a $28 MM annual operating budget.
- Designed and successfully launched direct-to-consumer health awareness campaign to increase communication and intervention rates in the Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD) population. Increased revenue capability by 50%.
- Coordinated communication activities with Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) cooperative agreement awardees and managed the division’s electronic communication activities.
- Developed and managed a Federal Government Operating Division office’s intranet and internet content and ensured communication products were 508-compliant.
- Developed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all processes and developed strategic plan for Federal Government Operating Division office.
Kathy earned her MBA in Strategy and Marketing from the Emory University’s Goizueta Business School, as well as her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Washington University in St. Louis Olin Business School. She currently serves on an advisory council at Emory Healthcare.