Michael T. Klopach
Mr. Klopach is a proven finance and accounting professional with 25+ years of experience across accounting and finance functions in multiple industries including high tech, software, IT, real estate, manufacturing, utilities and Big 4 public
accounting. Mr. Klopach's ability to work cross functionally within a business brings a unique perspective to his clients. Mr. Klopach's client focus, mentoring and project management skills are the key factors in allowing him to drive successful client outcomes.
Mr. Klopach started his career in Public Accounting with Ernst and Whinney (Ernst and Young) and held positions of increasing responsibility first as a District and Regional Controller with Browning-Ferris Industries then as North American Controller with Sema Group, a multinational systems and outsourcing firm.
Mr. Klopach's professional accomplishments include:
- Interim Controller/ VP Finance $60 Million privately held International Apparel Manufacturer. Directed team in preparation of consolidated financial results, implemented operational and cash forecasting and advised on internal controls around Inventory and purchasing processes.
- Led internal control and business process review of all business cycles for $1billion international high tech manufacturer including preparation of IFRS compliant accounting and control standards and recommendations for process improvement reducing internal audit expense $300,000 annually.
- Key team member in back office Business Optimization and Lean Assessment for $9 billion commercial supply provider. Team identified $2 Million of annualized savings through process improvement and optimization.
- Project Manager of business process re-engineering of Fortune 50 Retailer Property Tax group including analysis of current state, recommendations for improvement and modeling of future state process. Projected savings of $750,000 annually.
- Project and Client Manager for process redesign of records retention management for Investment division of Fortune 500 financial services firm. Recommendations will yield 60% annual cost savings.
- Consolidated the financial controls in the Washington, D.C. district for a major U.S. waste management firm. Evaluated office operations, reorganized and consolidated financial accounting into one office including internal control issues around segregation of duties, redefined general ledger requirements, initiated a program to cut G & A expense, and negotiated service contracts. Actions taken improved the efficiency of operations in this $60 million annual revenue district office.
Mr. Klopach earned his BS in Accounting from Pennsylvania State University, Smeal College of Business. He holds a CPA certificate in the state of Maryland, is a fellow member of the Georgia Society of CPA's and the Institute of Internal Auditors.